10 New Ways to Eat Zucchini
1. Zucchini Cookies - Zucchini and butterscotch make an interesting pair in this out-of-the-ordinary cookie.
2. Zucchini Crab Cakes - Next time you make some crab cakes, I recommend trying my simple and delicious recipe. The secret to these is the grated zucchini and get this....there is no real crab in this recipe. All the ingredients mixed together taste like crab. So if you are a vegetarian, these are great for a meal.
3. Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cake - This green vegetable adds unique texture and flavor to an ordinary cake.
4. Zucchini Marinara - The whole family will gobble up these veggies.
5. Zucchini Stuffed Chicken - A rich Zucchini and Swiss cheese bread stuffing bakes over seasoned chicken breasts.
6. Zucchini, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna - If you like, you may substitute chopped, canned no-salt-added whole tomatoes for the canned zucchini with tomato. This lasagna takes about 20 minutes to assemble -- very convenient, and no pre-cooking noodles.
7. Zucchini Apple Pie - It tastes surprisingly like apple, most people don't realize it's not apple until you tell them. Make sure the zucchini used in recipe has skin soft enough that your thumbnail can pierce it.
8. Zucchini Herb Casserole - Leftovers are great in an omelet the next day.
9. Zucchini Boats - I make this a lot during summer months. Season as you would stuffed green peppers. Simple for dinner and uses those big zucchini!
10. Zucchini Hash Browns - If you're tired of hash brown potatoes, give this unusual recipe a try. Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.