13 New Must-Try Summer Recipes
1. Basil Zucchini - A quick and delightful summer dish that is easy and delicious.
2. Jazzed Up Macaroni and Cheese - I was ill one day and had to come up with a quick and yummy meal for my family. This is what I ended up with and everyone, including myself, loved it. I am definitely not a master cook, but this worked to my liking.
3. Sweet Berry Dessert - I call this "sweets for the sweet." I created this recipe at the request of friends who wanted a sweet dessert that could double as a coffee cake. It got rave reviews!
4. My Down Home Soul Food Meatloaf - My down home meatloaf will keep your family and friends coming back for more. This looks great on the dining room table!
5. Sausage and Grilled Vegetable Lasagna - This hearty sausage and grilled vegetable lasagna is a family favorite! It is very flavorful and easy to make. After trying several other recipes, I created this one by combining the best parts from each recipe.
6. Ron's Chicken Delight - This chicken dish makes a great easy one-skillet meal.
7. Easy Breezy Summer Cake - Even though this dessert is so easy, I always get recipe requests for it. This summer cake recipe is simple to make and easy to take along.
8. Island Sweet Potato Slaw - Shredded sweet potatoes and fresh pineapple marry together to form the basis for this refreshing slaw. The dressing includes fresh ginger and a little jalapeno pepper for an added kick. The combination of sweet, savory and some crunch from the toasted coconut and macadamia nuts will let you know right away that this is no ordinary coleslaw. This dish is perfect for a picnic or barbecue!
9. Mango Banana Milkshake - This mango banana milkshake is a very refreshing healthy drink for the summer! Your kids will love it.
10. Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad Italiano - This simple, fresh salad is full of flavor, is easy to prepare, and is perfect for a potluck or picnic. It was developed to showplace the bounty of the home garden but works just as well with store-bought ingredients.
11. No Spoil Potato Salad - The best thing about this dish is no mayonnaise so it won't spoil on a hot day. Actually, warmth enhances the flavors so it gets better as it sits. Always a big hit for outdoor events.
12. Fresh Fruit Cobbler - This fresh fruit cobbler is sure to please! Never use more than 1 quart of fruit. Only use fresh fruit for this recipe. Any variation will work! I usually do use sweetened peaches and lightly sugared berries, but this is optional. Serve warm with cream, ice cream, or whipped cream.
13. Easy Crockpot Meatballs - These are perfect for pot lucks or when you just don't have time to cook. My cousin gave me this recipe and its always been a hit! Everyone is always asking me to make them. If only they knew how easy they were!