15 Easy Veggie Recipes + Our Top 5 Veggie Tips!
Easy Veggie Recipes: Casseroles
A creamy casserole will always please your family, so make one of these easy vegetable casserole recipes tonight.
Summer Squash Casserole: Delicious and a great way to use the super-healthy food: squash!
Easy Vegetable Casserole: Very cheesy, but a nice dish to make for non-meat-eaters.
Corn Casserole: This creamy corn dish can go with any meal, and it's so quick to make!
Broccoli Casserole: This is a meatless recipe but you can add chicken if you like. Very easy and my family loves it.
Broccoli and Cheese Casserole: This super side dish is the perfect complement to your holiday menu. Here's a sure-fire way to get your kids to eat their vegetables...and don't be surprised when they're asking for more!
Easy Veggie Recipes: Side Dishes
Need some easy vegetable recipes to complete your meal? These five are incredible!
Dill Maple Glazed Carrots: This is a simple way to incorporate the vitamins of carrots and satisfy your sweet tooth. Perfect low-carb pairing for any protein dish.
Easy “Baked” Tomatoes: A bit of cheese and balsamic vinaigrette turns regular tomatoes into a tasty side. Very easy to throw together.
Teriyaki Corn: Simple, tasty and different way of doing corn on the cob.
Beer Battered Veggies: This is a fantastic recipe to make the best beer battered veggies around. Serve them as an appetizer or as a side dish for anything. These go well with hamburgers and steak.
Easy Zucchini: This scrumptious zucchini dish is not only good for you, it's a bit spicy and with the addition of parmesan cheese, it melts in your mouth.
Easy Veggie Recipes: Kid-Friendly
Get your kids to clean their plates by making one of these kid-friendly vegetable recipes!
Zucchini Dollars: An easy and delicious recipe that the kids can help with. Fun to make, easy to do and you might get the children to eat their veggies!
Spinach Balls: These healthy appetizers are great on Christmas. Even the kids will like them!
Carrot Muffins: A great way to sneak some vegetables into your daily routine, especially good for kids!
Baby Broccoli with Garlic: Kids might like these gently flavored veggies, also called broccolini. If you can’t find it at the market, use regular broccoli.
Vegetable Gratin: This creamy side is great for veggie-haters!
For even more kid-friendly vegetable recipes, click here!
Tips for Making These Easy Veggie Recipes:
- When making vegetables, always put a little lemon on them (this works the best on green vegetables). It brings out flavor and cuts fat.
- When frying eggplant, slice and salt well. Let set for one hour. Drain on absorbent paper. This removes excess water from eggplant.
- Vegetables should be refrozen only if they contain plenty of ice crystals and still have a firm-to-hard core of ice in the center. Spoiled vegetables can be dangerous.
- To roast and peel peppers, cut a small slit in the pepper close to the stem end so that the steam can escape. Put peppers on a baking sheet and put directly under the broiler or on a screen on the top of the stove. They can also be plunged into hot vegetable oil to loosen the skins.
- To keep garden peas out of the pod looking fresh and beautifully green simply soak them over-night in a bucket of water with some ordinary baking soda mixed in.