16 Must-Try Chicken Pasta Recipes + Tips for Making Them
Italian Chicken Pasta Recipes
These Italian chicken pasta recipes will make you feel like you’re dining in Rome!
Chicken Cacciatore & Pasta: This delicious Italian dish is a meal by itself. Add marinated chicken with fresh seasoning and vegetables to your pasta and enjoy.
Pasta with Pancetta, Chicken, Asparagus, and Mushrooms: This is one of my favorite pasta dishes!
Rigatoni a la Vodka with Chicken and Asparagus: This quick and easy rigatoni a la vodka recipe will make you feel like you're at an Italian restaurant!
So Easy Homemade Ravioli with Ricotta Filling: This recipe is for anyone who is scared of making homemade pasta. The dough is so simple, but very sticky, so flour up! Get creative with the filling or keep it simple- either way it's delicious.
Healthy Chicken Pasta Recipes
Try one of these low-fat chicken pasta recipes if you’re looking for a healthier dinner choice.
Artichoke Olive Chicken Bake: This dish is warm and comforting! The Kamut Spirals are delicious!
Farfalle with Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes: Quick to prepare and easy to cook, a colorful dish packed with flavor.. This farfalle pasta dish is great as a mid-week supper or even for a special occasion.
Healthy Chicken and Pasta: You'll love how good eating healthy tastes with Italian recipes like this one.
Balsamic Chicken with Fettuccine: This recipe is great for an active family who needs a meal with carbs and protein after a long, busy day!
Easy Chicken Pasta Recipes
Quick and easy pasta recipes like these make busy weeknight dinners a breeze!
Chicken Pasta with Tomato Sauce: For this recipe, you can use any pasta you'd like, but I recommend bucatini. It's a long, wide spaghetti shape that is hollow through the middle. It's great for trapping sauce!
Angel Hair Pasta with Lemon Chicken: The fresh flavor burst of lemon perfectly accents the chicken and angel hair pasta in this quick and easy dish. Serve with a generous topping of Parmesan cheese and a tossed salad.
Country Chicken Casserole: This deliciously creamy casserole is great for the whole family!
Speedy Spaghetti with Chicken and Fresh Tomato: Instead of a long-simmering tomato sauce, this quick spaghetti dish is tossed with a savory mixture of chopped chicken and fresh tomato and topped with crumbled goat cheese and fresh basil.
Penne Chicken Pasta Recipes
These penne chicken pasta recipes use your favorite-shaped pasta that are easy to eat and easy to cook!
Penne and Chicken Tenderloins with Spiced Tomato Sauce: Any small pasta will work in this quick, easy entrée. Ground fennel and coriander bring a welcome complexity to the chicken and impart their flavor to the sauce.
Chicken and Mushrooms with Penne: Not very difficult to make or to prep. You can use any pasta shape that you like.
Penne with Chicken, Spinach, and Tomato Alfredo: Add some chicken, spinach and tomato to some Classico Alfredo sauce for an outstanding pasta dish the whole family will enjoy.
Chicken and Vegetable Penne: A delicious pasta dish with frozen veggies, chicken, and penne pasta.
Tips for Making These Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Always freeze uncooked chicken if it is not to be used within 2 days.
- Chicken should not be thawed on the counter top.
- It takes about 24 hours to thaw a 4-pound chicken in the refrigerator. Cut-up parts, 3 to 9 hours.
- For quick thawing of raw or cooked chicken use the microwave. Thawing time will vary according to your microwave.
- Chicken may also be safely thawed in cold water. Place chicken in its original wrap or watertight plastic bag in cold water. Change water often. It takes about 2 hours to thaw a whole chicken.
For cubing chicken: Refrigerate after cooking. Wait until and gets cold and then it will be so much easier to cut!
- When boiling pasta, put a little sugar in the water along with the salt. This will bring out a better flavor!
- You can prevent pasta from boiling over while cooking by rubbing a small amount of butter or shortening around the rim of the pan. It really works. No need to add oil to the water and have all that wonderful sauce run off.
- Add a teaspoon of oil in the water when boiling pasta to prevent sticking and boiling over.