Baked Pork Chop Recipes and Other Im-PORK-tant Tips
This is an easy and fast recipe everyone enjoys!
6 pork chops
2 tsp. salt
3 Tbs. melted shortening
1 C. uncooked long-grain rice
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 C. chopped green pepepr
1/2 C. tomatoes
6 green pepper rings
1/4 C. shredded processed American cheese
In a large skillet, brown pork chops in shortening for 20 minutes. Drain off excess fat. Add chili powder, salt and pepper and sprinkle over meat. Add rice, chopped green pepper and spoon canned tomatoes over chops and rice. Cover skillet and cook over low heat 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add to pepper rings, cover and cook for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle over with cheese and cover until cheese melts.
More Baked Pork Chop Recipes
Safe Pork Handling Tips:
- Wash hands with soap and water before and after handling fresh meat.
- Refrigerate meat as soon as possible after purchase.
- Place meat package on a plate or in a container before placing in refrigerator to prevent juices from dripping onto other foods.
- Always defrost in the refrigerator.
- Always place cooked meat on a clean plate, not one that has been used for uncooked meat.
- When using an automatic, clock- controlled oven, do not leave fresh, unfrozen roasts or casseroles longer than one hour before start time.
- For longer periods of time use a frozen product.This is replaced by the Flash content.