Beef Stroganoff Recipes
Beef stroganoff is a Russian dish comprised of sauteed pieces of beef served with a little bit of sour cream. Although in the United States, it has become typical to serve the beef in a rich and creamy sauce, which already incorporates the sour cream. Enjoy this wide assortment of wonderful beef stroganoff recipes!
The Best Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Made from scratch, this beef and vegetable dish is well worth the extra effort.
- 1/4 C. onion, diced
- 1/4 C. leek, diced
- 1/4 C. celery, diced
- 2 Tbs. carrot, diced
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1/2 C. red wine
- 4 C. beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch, dissolved in 2 Tbs. water
- 2 C. mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 C. onion, diced
- 1/3 C. plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, boneless & cut into thin strips
- 1/4 C. tomato, seeded & dicedDirectionsBrown Sauce: In non-stick skillet; cook onion, leek, celery and carrots over medium-high heat, stirring until well browned. Mix in tomato paste. Add half of wine; cook stirring until evaporated. Repeat with remaining wine. Add beef broth, garlic, thyme and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half. Strain; discard vegetables and return to skillet. Add dissolved cornstarch and cook, stirring until thickened. Beef: In non-stick skillet; heat over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and onion, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is softened. Whisk together 1 C. (250 ml) brown sauce, yogurt and mustard; mix into mushroom mixture and heat over low heat. Set aside. In large skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; heat over high heat. Add beef; cook stirring until browned. Stir in sauce and tomato; heat through.Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff RecipesSpeedy Beef Stroganoff - Quick and easy, this is a speedy way to put dinner on the table and still fill everyone's tummies.Simple Beef Stroganoff - This simple beef dish is full of flavor without much work. It's also low in fat so you can stay nice and trim.Easy Beef Stroganoff - Ideal for large groups, the beef mix can be reserved and saved for numerous other recipes.Cooking With Beef
- Pat beef steaks with paper toweling before cooking for better browning of the meat.
- Certain herbs have an affinity for certain meats. For beef: basil, sweet marjoram, summer savory, thyme, rosemary.