Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Our Top Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Blueberry Muffin Recipe - These are really super muffins your whole family and friends will love.
Easy Blueberry Muffin Recipes
There’s nothing better than an easy blueberry muffin. The scent is mesmerizing.
Easy Blueberry Muffin Recipe - Traditional blueberry muffins just the way grandma made them with fresh, sweet blueberries.
Bisquick Blueberry Muffin Recipe - These morning muffins are easy on your time and even easier on your wallet.
Blueberry Muffins Recipe - This simple recipe uses whole wheat flower for extra nutrients – a great way to start off the day!
Healthy Blueberry Muffin Recipes
A healthy blueberry muffin recipe is ideal for someone who is watching their weight, but still wants a delicious snack.
Low-Fat Blueberry Bran Muffin Recipe - Made with applesauce and whole wheat flour, these make a super-healthy start to the morning.
Blueberry Muffins - This is an unusual way to make muffins, but it keeps the carbs and the fat low. Still delicious.
Blueberry Oat Muffins - Using low fat ingredients and egg substitute, these muffins only taste indulgent.
Simple Blueberry Muffin Recipes
Try a simple blueberry muffin recipe. They’re easier to make than you think.
Lemon Blueberry Tea Muffins - These sweet, yet light muffins are perfect for dunking.
Simple Blueberry Muffins - Blueberry muffins are always a breakfast favorite!
Lemon-Blueberry Muffins - Add some zest to your everyday muffins.
Tips for Making a Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Fresh blueberries are on the market from May through September. Generally, the large berries are cultivated varieties and the smaller berries are wild varieties.
- Look for: A dark blue color with a silvery bloom is the best indication of quality. This silvery bloom is a natural, protective, waxy coating. Buy blueberries that are plump, firm, uniform in size, dry, and free from stems or leaves.
- Blueberries are rich in vitamin C and fiber. Plus they just taste darn good. Add some to your whole grain cereal or oatmeal in the morning. Mix some into your cup of plain yogurt, or top off your ice cream with a handful.
- Recommended Serving Size: 1 cup blueberries, about 80 calories (all berries give you lots of fiber and vitamin C)
- For nicely rounded muffin and quick-bread tops, grease only the bottom and halfway up the side of the pan so the batter can cling to the sides and rise. If you only have one muffin pan and want to cool it quickly before refilling it with batter, turn it over and run cool water over the underside so you won't wet the muffin cups.
Interesting Facts About the Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- The blueberry muffin is the official state muffin of Minnesota.
- Blueberry muffins are often eaten for breakfast. But you can also eat them as snacks or for dessert.
- Although no-one is really sure who made the first bluberry muffin recipe, some say that Harrieta Van Winkle created the blueberry muffin in 1244, to protest the English invasion of Scotland.
- A delicious blueberry muffin should have a moist interior and a stiff, round top. Once you start eating them, the texture should be almost crumbly.