Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
Quesadillas are a wonderful Mexican food made with melted cheese inside a corn, wheat or flour tortilla. Often, other ingredients are added such as vegetables, salsa and beans for more flavor. The word "quesadilla" literally translates to "cheese in tortilla." If you're a cheese-lover, then there's a great chance that you will love these tasty quesadilla recipes!
The Best Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
* 1 C. thawed frozen corn kernels
* 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
* 1/2 tomato, seeded and diced
* 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
* 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 1/2 C. diced cooked chicken breast
* 1 C. shredded iceberg lettuce
* 1/2 C. thick and chunky salsa
* Six 8" flour tortillas
* 1/3 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
In a medium bowl, combine the salad ingredients; set aside. To prepare the quesadillas, in another medium bowl, combine the chicken, lettuce and salsa; divide among 3 of the tortillas. Sprinkle with the cheese; top with the 3 remaining tortillas. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. One at a time, cook the quesadillas until lightly browned, 3 minutes on each side; turn carefully with wide spatula. Cut the quesadillas into quarters; arrange 3 quarters on each of 4 plates. Serve with the salad on the side.
More Chicken Quesadilla Recipes
Chicken Quesadilla Recipe with Fiesta Rice - Here's an easy way to make family-favorite, cheesy quesadillas that are just as tasty as those served in restaurants.
Chicken Quesadilla Recipe with Grilled Pear Salsa - The sophisticated fruit salsa adds and elegant flair to this easy to make dish.
Chicken and Bacon Quesadilla Recipe with Sauce - This is a quick and easy appetizer to prepare and make. I love all the vegetables in them and sometimes I will add whatever else I have sitting around in my kitchen! You can also do these on the grill as well!
Tips for Thawing Chicken
- Always freeze uncooked chicken if it is not to be used within 2 days.
- Chicken should not be thawed on the countertop.
- It takes about 24 hours to thaw a 4-pound chicken in the refrigerator. Cut-up parts, 3 to 9 hours.
- For quick thawing of raw or cooked chicken use the microwave. Thawing time will vary according to your microwave.
- Chicken may also be safely thawed in cold water. Place chicken in its original wrap or watertight plastic bag in cold water. Change water often. It takes about 2 hours to thaw a whole chicken.