Free Healthy Recipes, Tips and Videos!
Free Healthy Recipes
Free Low Fat Recipes
I'm on the Celebrity Fit Club Extreme Fat Smash Diet. When I saw that ratatouille was on the menu one evening, I was thrilled!
* 1 C. fresh eggplant - cubes
* 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* 2 Tbs. yellow onion, chopped
* 1/2 C. yellow bell peppers, chopped
* 1 clove garlic
* 1 C. zucchini squash, chopped (with skin)
* 3 fresh Italian/plum tomatoes
* 1 dash ground basil
* 1 dash ground black pepper
* 1 dash ground parsley
* 1 dash ground oregano
* 1 dash salt
Gently saute the onions and peppers in olive oil in a large pan for approximately 5 minutes.
Add the other vegetables except the tomatoes.
Stir, cover, and cook on a low heat for about ½ an hour until the vegetables are tender.
Add the tomatoes, herbs, and black pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
More Free Low Fat Recipes:
Free Low Calorie Recipes
This tasty salad is perfect for evenings when you're looking for a light meal that can be made quickly. It takes just over 30 minutes to make from scratch, or you can prep many of the ingredients in advance.
* 3 Tbs. reduced-fat mayonnaise
* 2 Tbs. plain fat-free yogurt
* 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice, divided
* 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
* 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
* 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
* 3/4 C. chopped fennel bulb
* 1/3 C. julienne-cut carrot
* 1/4 C. thinly vertically sliced red onion
* 1 1/4 lb. cooked peeled and deveined large shrimp
* 1 15.5 oz. can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 4 oz. trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
Combine reduced-fat mayonnaise, yogurt, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, dill, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add fennel and next 4 ingredients (through beans); toss well to combine. Combine oil, watercress, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons juice, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Divide watercress mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each serving with 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture.
Tip: For a flavor variation, try arugula and basil in place of watercress and dill. You can also substitute chopped rotisserie chicken for shrimp.
More Free Low Calorie Recipes:
Free Low Sodium Recipes
This egg salad has enough zip to make up for the missing added salt.
* 4 medium hard boiled eggs
* 3 tsp. low fat Miracle Whip
* 1/4 tsp. horseradish (more or less to taste)
Dice or chop hard boiled eggs to preference. Add in Miracle Whip and horseradish. Mix well and serve on bread or sodium-free crackers.
More Free Low Sodium Recipes:
Free Low Sugar/Sugar-Free Recipes
For a yummy treat thats easier on your waistline, try this bread infused with mini chocolate chips.
* 2-1/4 C. reduced-fat Bisquick
* 1 package(4 serving size) Jell-O sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
* 2/3 C. nonfat dry milk powder
* 1/4 C. Splenda
* 2 Tbs. mini chocolate chips
* 1/4 C. chopped walnuts
* 2 large eggs slightly beaten
* 3/4 C. fat-free vanilla yogurt
* 1/2 C. cold water
* 2 tsp. canola oil
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine baking mix, dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, sugar substitute, chocolate chips and walnuts. In a small bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, water, oil, and vanilla extract. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Mix gently just to combine. Evenly spread batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack. Cut into 12 slices.
More Free Low Sugar/Sugar-Free Recipes:
Free High Fiber Recipes
Delicious oatmeal with plenty of fiber for a nutritious bonus.
* 1 1/2 C. water
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/3 C. old fashioned oatmeal or equal parts of steel cut oats
* 1/3 C. equal parts of rye, wheat, barley
* 1/4 C. of dried fruits of your liking, cranberries, blueberries, raisins, etc.
Mix all ingredients and let them soak in water for at least 1/2 hour or more. You can also add some fruit juice to the water for added sweetness. Cook 10-15 minutes over a medium-low flame depending on desired thickness. Top with a very light sprinkling of brown sugar, fresh fruit and yogurt.
Yield: 2 servings
More Free High Fiber Recipes:
For more Free Healthy Recipes, visit our Healthy Recipe Section!
Free Healthy Recipe Videos