Grilled Chicken Recipes & Tips: 10 Ways to Eat 'Em Up!
Grilled Chicken Recipes
Tips & Tricks for Grilled Chicken Recipes
Choosing Your Chicken: Chicken should be pink in the package, not brown or grey. Again, if you buy skinless chicken, you do want a little of the fat to help with flavor and juice. The more a piece of chicken is processed, the more expensive it will be. Boneless skinless chicken breast is more expensive per pound than chicken still on the bone and in its skin. If you are living on a budget, ask the store butcher to show you how to remove the skin yourself to save some money.
Here are 8 great chicken marinades!
- Always freeze uncooked chicken if it is not to be used within 2 days.
- Chicken should not be thawed on the countertop.
- It takes about 24 hours to thaw a 4-pound chicken in the refrigerator. Cut-up parts, 3 to 9 hours.
- For quick thawing of raw or cooked chicken use the microwave. Thawing time will vary according to your microwave.
- Chicken may also be safely thawed in cold water. Place chicken in its original wrap or watertight plastic bag in cold water. Change water often. It takes about 2 hours to thaw a whole chicken.
Grill some veggies to serve with your chicken with these simple grilled veggie recipes!