Host a Texas Hold 'Em Party
Preparing for the Party:
1. Invite at least five people, but no more than eight. You don’t want the poker table to get overcrowded.
2. Find yourself a poker kit. If you don't have your own, borrow from a friend or get a cheap one at the store. A poker kit should consist of: a deck of cards, different colored chips, a dealers chip, and one small and one big blind chip. (Note: Make sure you will have enough poker chips for all your guests. Assume that each person will need at least forty chips.)
3. Read up on how to play Texas Hold’ Em. Make sure you know the rules like the back of your hand, in case your guests have questions.
4. Buy a swatch of green felt big enough to fit the top of your table. This will guard your table from any scratches from the poker chips and will also help set the mood for the game.
5. If you want to hand out party favors, go to a dollar store or a party outlet and find some cheap sunglasses for your guests to wear during the game.
Chekc out these sites for additional decoration suggestions:
Got the Munchies? Serve up some chips with any of these great dips and you're good to go! The more generous you are with the food, the more your guests might bet!
And, here some recipes for homemade popcorn:
Cheers to YOU Winning! When it comes to what type of beverages to serve at a poker party, you might assume beer, but punches will do just the trick! Below are some recipes for some fabulous punches. Just be careful how much you drink. The more you drink, the sloppier you will play your cards.
Good Luck! And may the best gal or guy win!