How to Make an Omelet
See the original recipe here!
Here are the ingredients that you’ll need:
* 3 tsp. butter or margarine, divided
* 1/3 C. chopped onion
* 1/3 C. chopped red bell pepper
* 1/2 C. sliced mushrooms
* 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 1 Tbs. milk
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 1/2 C. shredded Swiss cheese
* Dash salt
1. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Cook and stir onion and bell pepper for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add mushrooms and basil, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, black pepper, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Melt remaining 2 teaspoons of butter in the same skillet over medium heat and rotate pan so butter coats the bottom. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
5. Cook over medium heat. As eggs begin to set, gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula and tilt the skillet so that the uncooked portion flows underneath.
6. When eggs are fully cooked, spoon the vegetable mixture over half of the omelet. Sprinkle with cheese, then loosen the omelet with a spatula and fold in half. Transfer to a warm serving plate.
More omelet recipes:
Spinach and Feta Omelet
Bacon, Tomato, Gruyere Omelet
See even more omelet recipes here!