How to Properly Clean Your Refrigerator
- Take out everything, Obviously, throw away the bad food. Place food in a cooler to keep it cold while you clean.
- Remove the shelves and drawers. Let them reach room temperature before washing them with hot water and soap so they don't crack. Avoid using any chemical cleaners because you don't want those coming into contact with your food.
- Work from top to bottom and wipe down the entire interior of the fridge with a cloth and dish soap. Don't forget the doors!
- Dry the shelves, drawers and doors with a clean cloth.
- Wipe down the outside or rubber door seals too. Pay special attention to the handles, which can get sticky. If you have a stainless steel refrigerator, use a stainless steel cleaner.
Keep It Clean!
- Wipe up spills right after they happen. The longer they sit, the harder they will be to clean.
- Make sure everything your put in the fridge is clean. Wipe off any messy jars, containers or bottles.
- Prevent odors by making sure all containers are completely sealed before putting them in the fridge.
- Move older items to the front of the frdige so you eat them before they go bad.
Around The Web