There is no doubt that spring is known for its beautiful flowers and outdoor weather. This is why everyone needs to take advantage of this and invite some friends over for an outdoor barbeque experience that no one will forget. So fire up that grill of yours and follow these simple tips and fabulous recipes to help make your outdoor party a breeze.
Things to think about before your guests arrive:
1. First things first, make sure you scrub down the patio furniture. No one wants to sit on dirty furniture. Make sure you also have enough patio furniture for everyone so once the food is ready to be eaten everyone has a seat. If you don't have enough, simple folding chairs are a quick fix.
2. If you decide to have a party during the afternoon as opposed to night, have umbrellas covering your tables or at least make sure you have some shaded area for you guests. Also add some pretty potted plants and flowers on the tables to make it feel more like springtime.
3. Nighttime parties don't need to have umbrellas (obviously) but you do need extra lighting. Candles are always a great addition and set a mood for a party. If you are thinking about candles then you should buy citronella candles to keep those pesky insects away. You could also put up white Christmas lights or fun and bright patio lights.
4. As far as silverware and plating ideas, use plastic or paper plates. Find some festive and springtime themed paper or plastic plates along with cups. If you are having margaritas then buy some fun colored plastic margarita cups.
5. Most importantly, remember that timing means everything for this party. Make sure whoever is the "griller" knows what he or she is doing and knows exactly how to time all the meats, seafood and veggies just right.
When it comes to food choices for a barbeque party, people have all different tastes and preferences. You can decide on serving the most simple and most predictable foods such as hamburgers, brats and hotdogs or you can be creative and grill up some fancier barbequed dishes. Below is a whole menu/meal planner for a fancier type of barbeque.
For starters you need a couple of appetizers for your guests to snack on since grilling could take a while. Here are some recipes I think would work out fantastically:
Every barbeque has to have some side dishes to go along with your grilled meat or seafood. Here are some recipes I have found for you:
Now for the main course! I have found a great chicken, steak and seafood grilling recipe for you:
For anyone who isn't actually full from this feast of food here are a couple of dessert recipes for you:
When it comes to beverages, they are just as important as the food. Depending on the temperature outside drinks might be more important since your guests have to keep hydrated.
Have some non-alcoholic beverages available such as lemonade, ice tea, soda and water. As for alcoholic drinks, beer, wine, margaritas or some sort of fruity punch would be perfect. Just make sure you keep an eye on your supply of ice.
Here are some recipes for Non-Alcoholic Punches
Here are some recipes for punches that contain Alcohol:
Take advantage of the beautiful weather. With time flying by these days, winter could be just around the corner.