Easy Sugar Cookies
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 1/2 C. flour
- 1 C. butter at room temperature
- 1 C. shortening
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- colored sugar for decoration
1. Cream butter, shortening and sugar.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Drop 1 tsp. of dough on an ungreased cookies sheet per cookie.
5. Dip the bottom of flat bottomed glass in the colored sugar and flatted each cookie.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.