Golden Apple Crisp
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 med. tart cooking apples, sliced
- 3/4 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 C. butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- cream or ice cream, if desired
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.