Surprise Your Child with a Halloween Party Full of Tricks and Treats
Hosting a Halloween party for you child and his/her friends can be fun and simple as long as you plan ahead and have everything you need before the date of the party. With children, it is a lot easier to come up with ideas when it comes to what games/activities you want to include for your child’s party.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
• Cupcake or sugar cookie decorating contest, themed around Halloween of course.
• Pumpkin decorating contest. Since this is a children’s party, think about purchasing smaller to medium size pumpkins and let them decorate with markers and/or stickers.
• Pin the stem on the pumpkin.
• Candy scavenger hunt. Hide some candy around the house and have each kid carry a plastic pumpkin around and see who can find the most.
• Candy corn guessing game. Fill a jar with candy corn and let the children guess how many are in there. Winner gets to go home with the jar full of candy.
• Apple bobbing contest. If you want to take a healthier approach to Halloween, set up two barrels or tubs and fill them with water and apples.
As far as choosing a theme and decorating for the party ask you child to help you out with this. This is a great way to spend some quality time with you children.
You can choose the theme for the party by considering the following:
• What is your child's favorite activity?
• Who is your child's favorite character?
• Also consider favorite colors or letters for the theme.
Most importantly, make sure you discuss your party ideas with your child and involve them in the process. Even a three-year-old will probably be able to tell you what they want.
Usually as a parent, you want your child to stay away from the sweets, eat their veggies and drink their milk. However, this holiday is the one holiday known for cookies, cupcakes, candy, candy and more candy. Keep your little ghouls happy this Halloween with these treats:
Go all out by whipping up a vat of these spooky concoctions:
Have a safe and happy Halloween!