The Best Back-To-School Snack Trends
1. Different Chips and Dips – Instead of typical potato chips and dips like French onion and salsa, try new varieties that are healthier and a little warmer.
Roasted Garlic Hummus
2. Smaller, With More Value – Snacks filled with protein are becoming very popular. Think mini-burgers and chicken wraps.
Cream Cheese Wraps
3. Healthy Drinks – Soft drinks and energy drinks are out! Teas, lemonades and other fruity drinks are way in. Try fun smoothie mixtures that are packed with fruit.
4. Tons of Nuts – Mix some of your favorite nuts, like cashes or walnuts, with other bold flavors, like fruits, chocolate or vanilla. Snack on some granola too.
5. Fresh Fruit – We think this will always be a favorite snack. There are so many fruits out there, it’s impossible not find one you’ll love.
Fresh Fruit Ambrosia
Fresh Fruit Salad
Fresh Fruit with Ginger Dip
6. Bars – You pretty much find any type of granola bar nowadays. Options include dairy-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, organic, soy-free, cholesterol-free, trans-fat-free, and casein-free varieties.
Oat Granola Bars
Fat-Free Honey Granola Bars
7. Sweet and Salty – You don’t have to choose one over the other anymore. Just combine these two flavors for ultimate snack satisfaction!
Sweet and Salty Puffs
Salted Caramel Apple Crumble
Pickles and Peanuts
8. Yogurt – Healthy yogurts, like those from Greece and Iceland, have really hit the mainstream because of their health value. This is one of the most nutritious snacks out there!
Greek Yogurt Dessert with Honey and Strawberries
9. Bold Flavors – Not everyone is a fan of this trend. But if you can handle some major hot and spicy flavors, this is the one for you.
Spicy Popcorn on the Grill
Spicy Cheese Muffins
Spicy Pumpkin Fudge
10. The Past is Back – All those uber-popular desserts of the ‘70s are back, including Twinkies, Ding Dongs and lots of others. They’re not that healthy, but they’re still delicious.
No-Bake Ding Dong Cake
Cherry Snack Cake
Read the full article of the top 10 snack trends on The Food Channel here!