Top 10 Kid-Friendly Spinach Recipes
- Spinach Bars - Kids eating spinach?! When it's baked into these cheesy squares they'll be asking for more.
- Spinach Fritters - Here's a secret for those of you with children who don't like spinach or other green vegetables: make those veggies into fritters and they'll eat 'em like the proverbial hotcakes!
- Spinach Casserole - This easy casserole is a great way to get kids to eat spinach because it's smothered in gooey cheese.
- Spinach for the Spinach Hater - This recipe will even make children eat their spinach.
- Cheesy Spinach Mashed Potatoes - Add some green to your regular mashed potatoes with nutritious spinach! A great way to get some green stuff into your kids' diet.
- Liam's Green Bread - My son refuses to eat vegetables, but he loves bread. He would eat nothing but bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner, given the chance! So when he was about 5 years old, I thought, "Fine. You like bread? We've got zucchini-bread, pumpkin bread, banana bread." But since there were still no leafy greens in his diet, I took my Grandma's recipe for Yeast Rolls (which everyone loves), and added chopped spinach.
- Turkey Spinach Burgers - My kids actually like these, and they are eating something that is good for them. Made with ground turkey and frozen spinach, I also throw in raw sunflower seeds and celery which makes them crunchy. If I want to get a little fancier with them I will make a brown gravy and add mushrooms. Serve over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
- Potato Spinach Casserole - This potato spinach casserole is good with any meat or fish dinner. This recipe can get your kids to eat spinach! Feel free to use real or instant potatoes.
- Popeye’s Simple Spinach Dip - Healthy, simple and good. Served with sliced French bread - this is a winner and the kids love it. Whenever we get together, this is on the table.
- Spinach Balls - These healthy appetizers are great on Christmas. Even the kids will like them!
Around The Web