#1 Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 6 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 Tbs. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 C. Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 8 tsp. olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 4 C. pre-shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 C. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes. Stir in sugar and balsamic vinegar; simmer 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap or foil; pound to 1/2 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dredge each breast separately in breadcrumbs.
Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 chicken breast halves to pan; cook 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken breast halves.
Arrange chicken in an 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour tomato mixture evenly over chicken, sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes. Serve with toasted garlic bread and pasta side dish. Serve with Italian Herb and Cheese Pasta Side Dish by Cook-aholic.