#1 Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 Lbs. stew beef
- 2-3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 C. flour
- 1 Tbs. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 C. beef stock (can be made with bouillon)
- 2 Tbs. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions cut in chunks
- 2 C. baby carrots
- 3 stalks of celery cut into 2 in. lengths
1. Mix the flour, paprika, salt and pepper together and coat the stew meat.
2. Add 2 Tbs. of oil to a warmed skillet and brown the meat. Transfer it to the crockpot as it browns.
3. Add potatoes, carrots, celery and onions to the crockpot and cover with the boullion.
4. Add dijon and tomato paste to mixture and stir until well blended.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat and potatoes are tender.
6. Cool immediately in the refrigerator and wait 1-2 days to eat.
7. To reheat, set oven to 350 degrees. Heat from 1/2 to the entire mixture for 1 hour and serve.
8. If using only half the recipe, you can put the other half in a gallon size bag and freeze for up to 3 months.