A Simplified Pad Thai Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 ounces of dried, flat and wide rice noodles
- Brown sugar- 2 tablespoons
- Fresh lime juice- 2 tablespoons
- Soy sauce- 3 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil- 2 teaspoons
- 3 green onions
- 1 piece of minced garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup of chopped, roasted and salted peanuts
Soak the noodles in accordance to their package instructions.
Whisk the brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice together in a bowl.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet.
Introduce garlic and scallion whites. Stir continuously for about 30 seconds.
Add eggs, continue cooking for one minute, and transfer them to a plate.
Introduce noodles, sauce and scallion greens to skillet.
Cook until noodles get soft.
Add egg mixture and flip it to break eggs gently.
Serve the noodles together with lime wedges.
Add cilantro and peanuts at the top for enhanced taste.