Acorn Squash Soup by Bravo's Top Chef Richard Blais
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 whole acorn squash
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbs. celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 qt. chicken stock
- 1/2 C. Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 C. chorizo, crumbled
- 2 Tbs. cranberry canned jelly
- 3 leaves cilantro
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- In a stockpot, cook the onion, bay leaf, garlic and celery in some olive oil until garlic releases aroma.
- Add the chopped acorn squash and then the chicken stock and simmer. When the acorn squash is cooked, swirl in Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt and remove from the heat.
- In a separate pan, cook the chorizo and paprika.
- When the squash is cooked thoroughly, purée the soup and pass through a sieve so it is smooth.
- Garnish with the crumbled chorizo, the cilantro, pomegranate seeds, a squirt of lime and cover with the whipped yogurt, or alternatively just add a dollop of Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt.
For more recipes visit the Dannon Oikos site.
Around The Web