Alphabet Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 C. alphabet noodles
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill or 1 tsp. minced fresh dill
- 1 C. frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 C. diced ripe tomato or canned diced tomatoes
Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the carrots and saute them over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes, noodles, bouillon, paprika, dill, and 4 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer gently. Let it simmer about 15-20 minutes, or until the carrots and potatoes are tender.
Add peas and tomatoes and simmer for another 5 minutes. Cook until heated through.