Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 1/2 C. shredded coconut
- 1/2 C. chopped walnuts
- 1 8 oz. can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 8 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 C. miniature marshmallows
- 1 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping, coconut, chopped nuts, fruit cocktail, pineapple, mandarin oranges, marshmallows, cherries, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix together well and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
Note: If you like maraschino cherries you can use them, if not remember there are maraschino cherries in your fruit cocktail. Also, a little juice from the maraschino cherries will color your fruit salad a festive red.