Angel Hair Pasta with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta -- capellini
- 1 1/2 C. fresh mushrooms -- sliced
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 1 Tbs. butter -- or margarine
- 3 oz. fat-free cream cheese -- cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 C. milk
- 2 Tbs. chives – snipped
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook the mushrooms and onion in the butter or margarine until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
Gradually stir in milk and chives; heat through. Pour sauce over pasta.
Toss to coat. Serve immediately.