Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Bread Crumbs
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 10 to 12-oz. angel hair pasta
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 C. dry white wine, vegetable stock, or water
- salt and pepper
Place bread in a food processor and whirl until it becomes crumbs.
Cook pasta until al dente and drain.
Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet. Add bread crumbs and cook over medium-high heat until they are crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add garlic and saute until golden. Stir in zucchini and wine. Raise heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini is tender-crisp. When done, remove garlic cloves.
Combine pasta and zucchini in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, top each serving with bread crumbs, and serve.