Appetizer Beer-Cheese Fondue
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 1/2 C. frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, drained
- 1/4 C. regular or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 2-oz. jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In ungreased 15 X 10 X 1-inch pan, place bread cubes. Bake about 10 minutes, stirring twice, until lightly toasted. Transfer to serving bowl or basket.
Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt cheese over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli, beer, pimientos and mustard. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Pour cheese mixture into ceramic fondue pot over low heat or into 1 1/2-quart slow cooker on low heat setting.
Cheese mixture will hold in slow cooker on low heat setting up to 2 hours.