- 1 1/2 oz. quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 C. light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 1/3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 Tbs. Brummel andBrown low fat spread well chilled
- 2 large granny Smith apple pared, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 C. cranberries
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8" square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine oats, 2 Tbs. of the sugar and the flour; work in margarine with two knives or your fingers until crumbly; set aside. In large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, the remaining 2 Tbs. sugar, the juice, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat. Spray baking pan with non stick spray. Spoon into prepared pan; top evenly with oats mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees, until filling bubbles and topping is golden brown.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 158.8 Calories, 1.1 g Total Fat, 0.2 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 111.3 mg Sodium, 37.3 g Total Carbohydrate, 5.2 g Dietary Fiber, 2.2 g Protein, 81.2 mg Calcium.
From: "The Lazy Gourmet Fights the Battle of the Bulge" by Suzi Ashby