Apple Herb Stuffing
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 3 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 12 C. cubed wheat bread
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 C. pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 C. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 C. fresh minced sage
- 1/4 C. fresh minced rosemary
- 1/4 C. fresh minced thyme
- 3/4 to 1 1/2 C. chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions and celery. Cook until both are soft. In large bowl, mix bread, onion mixture, apples and nuts. Add the herbs. Mix in enough chicken stock to moisten bread. Season with salt and pepper. Makes enough to stuff a large turkey or two whole chickens.
Need more help?
Chef Todd Mohr of WebCookingClasses.com shares his tips on making the perfect stuffing for your holiday meal! Click here for a special Holiday Cooking DVD promotion and a Holiday Cooking Success Class from Chef Todd Mohr!