15 min preparation + 10 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 7 oz. premade pastry crust
- 2-3 apples
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 3 Tbs. superfine sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 6 circles from the pastry using a 3 inch round cutter and use them to line muffin pan.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Peel, chop, and cook the apples in the water over medium heat until soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 Tbs. sugar and lemon juice.
- Let the apples cool, then mash them into small pieces. Spoon 1 Tbs. of the apple puree into the pastry crusts and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden.
- While the tarts are baking, make the meringue. Whisk the egg white to stiff peaks. Whisk in 1 Tbs. sugar, then whisk in the remaining sugar.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and spoon the meringue on top. Return to the oven and cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the meringue is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
Around The Web