Apple, Pancetta and Sharp Cheddar Grilled Croissant
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbs. dried cranberries, chopped
- Butter for grilling
- 1 large Croissant, sliced in half
- 2 slices Sharp Cheddar
- 2 slices Pancetta
- One half apple, cored and sliced
1. To make the cranberry spread, blend together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey and dried cranberries and set aside.
2. Place the pancetta in a pan or on a flat grill heated to medium. Cook until brown and starting to crisp.
3. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in medium heated pan or on flat grill. Place cut edges of sliced croissant face down on butter until slightly toasted; approximately 1 minute. Remove from pan.
4. Melt another teaspoon of butter on pan or grill and place bottom of croissant in pan, toasted side facing up. Layer 1 slice of cheese, apple slices, pancetta and a 2nd slice of cheese on top of croissant. Spread the inside of the top piece of croissant with the cranberry spread and place it with spread face down on layered ingredients.
5. Lower heat and cover the sandwich with a lid or aluminum foil until the cheese starts to melt; carefully watching the underside so as not to burn. Carefully flip the sandwich over and repeat. Remove from heat, cut in half and enjoy.