Apple Roasted Chicken
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 15 pound whole roasting chicken
- 6 cored small tart baking apples
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
Start with the glaze by stirring together vinegar and jelly in a saucepan on medium heat.
Let the mixture boil gently for about 20 minutes, or until glaze is syrupy in texture and about a cup is left.
Remove from heat and add in apple spice. Set half aside for later.
Preheat oven to 325. Prepare chicken and place on a baking pan.
Sprinkle salt over chicken and back for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Place apples around the pan.
Cover with one part of the glaze. Season with pepper.
Bake for an hour and 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
Cover with the remaining glaze.