- 3 Tbs. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 Tbs. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. garlic salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 9 oz. pkg. refrigerated cheese filled tortellini
- 2 C. sliced red apples
- 2 C. shredded salad greens
- 1 C. sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 C. thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 C. sliced green onions
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts, toasted, optional
Combine apple juice concentrate, corn syrup, vinegar, sugar, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and cool thoroughly. In large mixing bowl, combine tortellini and remaining ingredients. Toss gently with apple juice dressing and serve immediately.
Tips: Suggested apple varieties to use: Empire, Gala, Ida Red, Jonagold, Jonathan, McIntosh, Red Delicious or Rome.