Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 14-1/2-oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 C. water
- 3/4 C. dried fine egg noodles
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/3 C. thinly sliced green onions
- 1 C. chopped cooked chicken or turkey (5 oz.)
- 1 C. fresh pea pods, halved crosswise, or 1/2 of a 6-oz. package frozen pea pods, thawed and halved crosswise.
In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, water, noodles, soy sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in the sweet pepper, carrot, and green onions. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and noodles are tender.
Stir in chicken and pea pods. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes more or until pea pods are crisp-tender.
Yield: 3 Servings.