Asian Pork and Noodle Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 C. chicken broth
- 1/4 C. soy sauce
- 1/4 C. dry sherry
- 3 Tbs. packed light brown sugar
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and micro-planed
- 1 2" Piece Fresh Ginger, peeled and micro-planed
- 3 lb. boneless pork shoulder
- 1 head cabbage, roughly chopped
- 3.5 oz. dried rice Vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 C. cilantro, chopped
Mix chicken broth, soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a large pot over high heat. Bring the liquid to a rolling boil. Place the pork shoulder in a qt. crockpot. Carefully pour the boiling broth over the pork; cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker and roughly shred it. Return the shredded pork to the broth and add cabbage. Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Break the noodles in half and place them in a deep dish or mixing bowl and pour about 4 cups of boiling water over them. Allow the noodles to sit in the water for 10 to 12 minutes. Divide the cooked noodles among six soup bowls and ladle the desired amount of soup over the noodles, sprinkle with cilantro to taste. Serve immediately.