Asparagus Portobello Pasta
- 2 (15-oz.) cans asparagus
- 1 (2.25-oz.) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 lb. fettuccini pasta
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8-oz.) can peas, drained
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
Fill a large pot with water and the drained liquids of the asparagus and the olives; bring to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms, peas, and Italian seasoning until mushrooms are tender. In a blender or food processor, puree asparagus, black olives, tomato paste and Parmesan. Transfer to a small saucepan, and heat through over medium-low heat. Spoon asparagus sauce over fettuccini, and top with mushrooms and peas.
Makes 4 servings.