Aunt Lois' Pittsburgh Sloppy Joe's
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 Tbs. oil for frying
- 1 med. onion, chopped coursely
- 1 med. green pepper, chopped coursely
- 1 C. ketchup
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. yellow ballpark mustard
- 2 Tbs. sugar
Using a medium saucepan, brown meat in oil on medium high heat breaking up as it cooks. Stir in raw onion and pepper. Add ketchup just until meat is thouroughly coated, not soupy. Add remainder of ingredients. Simmer, covered on medium heat for approximately 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mixture will become 'sloppier' as it cooks.
Serve on sesame hamburger buns with a side of buttered corn and green salad.