Authentic Chicago-Style Hot Dog
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 Vienna Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 Pilsner Beer, for cooking
- 4 Poppy Seed Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Kosher Dill Pickle, quartered lengthwise
- 1 small Tomato, cut in thin half moons
- 1 small White Onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 tsp Vienna Chicago Style Relish
- 4-8 Sport Peppers
- Mustard, to taste
- A Pinch of Celery Salt, for garnish
Begin this recipe for authentic Chicago style hot dogs by cooking your Vienna beef hot dogs in a pot of pilsner beer. Let simmer for about ten minutes and then remove from the heat.
Warm your poppy seed hot dog buns just slightly and then begin assembling. Lay one quarter of your dill pickle on the side next to your hot dog. On the opposite side, lay down two half-moon tomatoes. Top with your chopped onion, Vienna Chicago style relish, and sport peppers.
Dress with mustard (NO Ketchup) and a pinch of celery salt to finish. Serve with a side of your choice.