Awesome Tomato Salsa
- 4 small tomatoes, or tomatoes equal to 2 C.
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 C. green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 fresh or 2 Tbs sliced jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar (other vinegars aren't as good, I've tried)
- 1 C. tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- Dash crushed red peppers (to taste)
- Fresh parsley (to taste)
Cut tomatoes in 1/2. Squeeze them if they are a really juicy kind to remove some of the juice and seeds. Dice tomatoes and mix with all ingredients. If you like salsa a little thicker, use less tomato sauce.
Serve with your favorite Mexican dish.