Baked Chicken and Rice with Herbs
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves (1 1/2 lb. total)
- 5-oz. package brown and wild rice or long-grain and wild rice
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 9-or10-oz. package frozen added peas
- 1/4 C. dry white wine or water
- 3/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375. Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry, and set aside. In a 2-qt. glass baking dish or casserole, combine rice and water. Discard seasoning packet that came with rice. Stir in remaining ingredients and arrange chicken on top. Cover dish and bake about 1 hour or until chicken and rice are tender.