Baked Chicken Breasts with Cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, split, boned and skinned (8 pieces)
- 1/4 lb. Swiss cheese slices (4 slices)
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 C. sherry or vermouth
- 1 C. herb flavored croutons
- 3 Tbs. butter
Arrange chicken in greased 2 qt. baking dish. Put half cheese slice over each piece of chicken. Mix soup with sherry or vermouth; pour over cheese. Sprinkle croutons on top and dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.