Baked Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size / Yield
- cooking spray
- 1/4 C. fat-free canned refried beans
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- two 7-inch 98% fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/2 C. shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 C. shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 sm. firm, ripe plum tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbs. minced red onion
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. salsa
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix refried beans and chili powder. Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with water. Spread half of refried beans over half of each tortilla. Cover beans evenly on each tortilla with half of the chicken, cheese, tomato, onion and cilantro. Fold over the other half of the tortilla to cover the filling.
Set quesadillas on prepared baking sheet at least 3 inches apart. Bake until crisp and golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer to 2 serving plates. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.