Baked Pinto Beans
- 1/4 C. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 C. finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. margarine or butter
- 2 15-oz. cans pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 C. chunky salsa
- 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz.)
In a small skillet cook onion, green pepper, chili powder, and garlic in margarine or butter till vegetables are tender. Transfer to a 1-1/2 qt. casserole. Stir in pinto beans and salsa. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: Fire up this dish by using cans of pinto beans with jalapeno peppers