Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbs Chopped green onions
- 1 tsp Anchovy paste (or 1 canned anchovy fillet)
- 3 Cloves garlic (halved)
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 3 Tbs Vegetable oil
- 1 C Canned button mushrooms (or straw mushrooms)
- 1 C Baby corn
- 3 Tbs Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 3/4 C Fresh basil leaves
- Boston (or Romaine) lettuce leaves
- Red jalapeno (or red Thai) chili pepper flowers for garnish
Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4 inch wide slices.
Combine onion, anchovy paste, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
Heat the wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into the wok and heat 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir fry until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken to a large bowl.
Reduce heat to medium.
Add onion mixture to the wok and stir fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms and corn; mix well. Add soy sauce and sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Return chicken to the wok. Stir fry until heated through. Add basil; toss gently to combine.
Line a serving platter with lettuce leaves. Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce.
Garnish, if desired.