Barbecued T-Bone Steaks
- 2 T-bone steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick, about 3 lbs.
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 tsp. black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 C. margarine or butter, softened
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Trim fat on beef steaks to 1/4 inch thickness. Rub garlic on beef. Press peppercorns into beef. Mix together the margarine, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lime juice; put aside. Heat coals or gas grills. Apply sauce; cover and grill beef 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 16 to 18 minutes for medium doneness. Turn steaks and apply sauce again; cook till desired doneness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place beef on warm platter. Serve with reserved barbecue sauce.
Makes 4 servings.