Basic But Delicious Baked Ziti
- 2 C. My Mama's Tomato Sauce, divided (see recipe below or use any kind of tomato sauce)
- 10 oz. shredded low fat mozzarella, divided in half
- 8 oz. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lbs. cooked ziti (or other short pasta you like)
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley
Prepare My Mama's Tomato Sauce.Cook pasta according to package directions, cold shock and drain well. In a separate bowl, combine half the sauce, 6 oz. of the mozzarella, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, parsley, all of the ricotta cheese, onion powder and egg with cold pasta. Add more sauce depending on how moist you like it (remember it will absorb sauce during heating).
Pour into casserole or tin pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, dot with sauce and bake, covered, in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 15–20 minutes. Be sure to spray foil with cooking spray first so the cheeses won't stick. Once heated through, broil for about 2 minutes to get top cheeses brown and bubbly.
Enjoy with my Keep Away the Vampires Cheesy Garlic Bread.