Basque-Style HoneyBaked Ham & Eggs
Serving Size / Yield
- 8-10 slices HoneyBaked Ham.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, cut into strips
- Dash hot sauce
- 1/4 C. half and half
- 1 1/2 Tbs. butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 C. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Arrange the ham slices in the bottom of a casserole dish, cover and place in a preheated 325 degree oven.
- Meanwhile sauté the onion, green pepper, red pepper and garlic in olive in a large skillet over medium heat for approximately 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and hot sauce and continue cooking until vegetables are tender and most liquid is absorbed (another 4 minutes).
- Spoon this mixture evenly over the ham slices and return to the oven.
- Spray a large skillet with butter flavored cooking oil spray and add the butter and eggs.
- Spoon the eggs over the ham and vegetable mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Heat until cheese melts slightly, cut into portions and serve.
Around The Web