BBQ Beef Stew with Pasta
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 1 lg. onion, quartered, sliced thin
- 1 lg. garlic clove, minced
- 2 lb. beef stew meat
- 3/4 tsp.+ 1 Tbs. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 14-oz. can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 C. honey BBQ sauce
- 1 C. beef stock
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/4 C. + 6 qt. cold water
- 1 16-oz. pkg. whole wheat farfalle
Heat oil over medium heat in a 10-inch skillet; add onion, and cook for 5 minutes until just browining. Add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Place onion, garlic, stew meat, 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, BBQ sauce, stock and cannellini into a 4- or 5-qt. stockpot, and cook on low for 8+ hours. Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water, and add to stockpot. Cook on high while preparing pasta.
Bring 6 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in an 8-qt. stockpot. Add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes; drain.
To serve, place some pasta into a bowl and ladle stew on top.