Beef and Artichoke Penne Pasta Bake
Serving Size / Yield
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. dry penne pasta
- one 6-oz. pkg. Beef
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 4 no-salt-added canned tomatoes, sliced crosswise into quarters
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 3/4 tsp. dried mixed Italian herbs
- 1/4 C. juice from no-salt-added canned tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. tomato paste mixed with 2 Tbs. water
- 1/2 C. shredded part-skim milk mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 1-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Allow beef to defrost. Mix chopped onion with beef.
Cook pasta according to directions. Drain well and add to the defrosted meat and onion mixture. Stir in tomatoes, artichoke hearts, Italian herbs, tomato juice and tomato paste with water, mixing gently. Place in prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly hot.